What to do when you arrive at the house
Turn up the thermostats in the mud room, kitchen, dining room, living room, and bathroom. Turn on the hot water heater in the downstairs bathroom.
- No smoking.
- No drunkenness. Moderate drinking is allowed but no drinking games.
- Quiet hours are from 11 pm to 7 am.
- Keep fires small (less than 3 logs at once). Make sure the flue is open and always chop wood outside.
- Please place recyclable stuff in the containers by the back door. Glass and tins should be rinsed out first.
- Clean up after yourself and please do some of the chores listed in the kitchen.
- Pets must stay home. (Service animals are an exception).
What to do before you leave
- Return thermostats to low settings. NOT OFF!
- Turn off the water heater.
- Make sure the fire is out.
- Sign the log book. Tell a funny story or adventure!
- Make sure all windows and doors are locked.
- Return the key.